For Immediate Release
Contact: Pamela Puppel
Molasky Group Achieves Fifth LEED Gold Certification
Las Vegas — The Molasky Group of Companies announces the LEED Gold Certification of the new San Diego FBI Field Office it developed through a public private partnership with the GSA. The architect on the project was HGA Associates and the general contractor was Clark Construction.
The law enforcement agency’s new state of the art facility is the fifth LEED Gold Certified building developed by the Molasky Group of Companies within six years. The Las Vegas-based real estate development company opened its first LEED Gold building in 2007 with the 16-story Molasky Corporate Center, home to the Southern Nevada Water Authority and several of the nation’s leading law firms, followed by the development of LEED Gold level FBI field offices in Minneapolis, Cincinnati and Portland. Another large scale government property developed by the Molasky Group, the National Personnel Records Center, is one of the largest buildings completed on behalf of the GSA for the National Archives and Records Administration and is LEED compliant.
“The new FBI building in San Diego is quite an accomplishment in our company’s history,” says Richard Worthington, president and chief operating officer for The Molasky Group. “It’s an incredible workplace for our nation’s top law enforcement officers, one that will serve them as they protect and serve our country as well as encourage respect and responsibility to the environment.”
The San Diego FBI Field Office provides the men and woman of the law enforcement and intelligence communities with a place of excellence for today’s stronger, more flexible and modernized agency. The campus includes a six-story Class A office building with a single story annex, a security screening building and a six-level parking structure. Built to achieve LEED Gold rating, the sustainability of the building is concentrated on energy and water saving systems as well as transportation measures.
Sustainability highlights at the new San Diego FBI Field office include:
* Sophisticated and highly responsive Energy Management System.
* Planting and re-vegetation of tolerant native trees (Date Palms, Queen Palms and Torrey Pines), shrubs and ground cover to reduce irrigation watering while providing an aesthetically pleasing setting.
* Storm water management to near-zero water leaving the site due to a retention basin.
* Reduction in heat island effect for building and site through reflective roofing and reduced parking area.
* Solar gain is mitigated by using high performance, thermally broken, Low-E, Solarban XL70 glass and by reducing glass area for a good portion of the building facade where the spaces do not have high-occupant use.
* Nearly 90% of all construction waste material recycled and diverted from landfill.
* Extensive use of local, rapidly renewable and recycled materials.
* Enhanced indoor air quality through selective low emitting material choices as well as state of the art mechanical systems.
* Continued green operations through low mercury bulbs and green housekeeping policies.
* Encouraging alternative modes of transportation through advantaged low-emitting vehicle and carpool parking, nearby public transportation and the installation of bicycle racks and showers to meet the needs of cyclists.
The Molasky Group of Companies is one of the most prolific real estate development firms in the southwestern United States. In business for more than 65 years, the company mark can be found in all aspects of design and development from residential to office buildings, malls and shopping centers, commercial, healthcare, aviation, hospitality, multifamily and mixed use.
In Las Vegas, Nevada, where the company is headquartered, it has built many landmarks in the community including its first hospital, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, its first enclosed mall, The Boulevard Mall, and its first Class-A “green” office building, Molasky Corporate Center.
The company has a national reputation to design, build and manage large-scale properties for government agencies such as the GSA for whom it has built the IRS Regional Headquarters and Social Security Administration in Southern Nevada. Also for the GSA, the company recently completed the National Personnel Records Center for the National Archives and Records Administration in St. Louis, MO as well as FBI Field Offices in Portland, Minneapolis, Cincinnati and San Diego. For more information visit: www.molaskyco.com.